what to do when you’re exhausted
Caring for myself is not self-indulgence. It is self-preservation, and that is an act of political warfare,Audre Lorde, A Burst of Light
There’s a lot going on in the world right now, and many of us are feeling tested, pulled in many directions at once, or really put-upon by our obligations. Just in case you needed reminding today, you can’t pour from an empty cup. Take some time to recharge, even in a small way.
“Treat yourself” doesn’t need to mean buying things, digging deep into your energy reserves to haul yourself to a class, nor spending the whole day at a spa. Here are some suggestions for low-effort, low-cost ways to rekindle your inner flame:
- Drink a glass of water (<5 minutes)
- All Is Well meditation from Barbara Faison via Insight Timer (5 minutes)
- Go for a walk outside (10 minutes)
- Rest + reset meditation from Liza Colpa via Insight Timer (13 minutes)
- Take some time to boil water and brew a cup of tea, pausing to watch the steam swirling from the surface of the water while its colour changes (~15 minutes)
- 8 Brocades Qigong Practice from Mimi Tua-Deemer on YouTube (19 minutes)
- Fill Your Cup Yoga from Yoga With Adriene on YouTube (20 minutes)
I hope this list points you in the right direction for where you’re at today. May you find a moment of peace.